Membership is free and open to all commercial (levy-paying) apple and/or pear growers (Class A members) and organisations representing apple and pear growers in each state (Class B Members).
APAL actively encourages membership as building stronger links across industry, allowing us to better understand and represent industry issues at all levels, and to build a strong and united apple and pear industry voice.
Members are entitled to:
- Discounted entry to selected APAL events;
- Free subscription to the flagship industry magazine AFG, published by APAL quarterly;
- Nominate as a candidate to serve as a Director on the APAL Board;
- Vote to elect an APAL Director to represent your state on the APAL Board;
- Vote in any election conducted to select the Director representing the national pear industry on the APAL Board (only Class A members);
- Propose resolutions on specific matters, in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001, to be put before the APAL Annual General Meeting;
- Attend and vote at any General Meeting of Members, including the Annual General Meeting.
Only apple and/or pear growers who pay levies (or have levies paid on their behalf) on the apples and/or pears they produce and sell are eligible for APAL membership.
View the APAL Constitution here.
View APAL’s financials and corporate governance information.
To apply to join APAL, check if you are already a member, or to request more information about eligibility for membership, contact us via the Contact Us link below.