COVID-19 update – new resources available for Victorian growersIndustry Best Practice
Further COVID-19 Stage 4 Restrictions take effect from midnight tonight for businesses in Melbourne and Stage 3 Restrictions will apply for all other areas across Victoria. To check the restrictions in your area, click here.
COVID Safe Plan strongly recommended for regional business
- A COVID Safe Plan is an initiative from the Victorian Government designed to mitigate the risk of an outbreak in workplaces, and prepare for a potential outbreak.
- A COVID Safe Plan is required for businesses under stage 4 restrictions with five or more employees, and is strongly recommended for businesses in other regional areas.
- A COVID Safe Plan will also help you respond to information and tracing requests if a case is detected that may be connected to your staff, contractors, suppliers or your business.
New templates and resources available
COVID Safe Plan template
Workplace register template
Business Victoria has also prepared a COVID workplace attendance register that employers can use to register all attendance at their orchard or office.
Click here for Business Victoria’s COVID-19 hub, where you can find more resources and contact support.
Face masks in the workplace
All Victorians are required to wear a face mask covering when leaving their home, unless they have a lawful reason for not doing so.
Employers must take reasonable steps to ensure that workers wear a face covering at all times when working in their business.
Premier Dan Andrews has called for a common-sense approach in terms of wearing masks on the farm, and gave a number of situational examples of when a mask is required:
- If you’re working alone on your farm and not coming into contact with other people, a mask IS NOT needed.
- If you’re working on your farm with people who live in the same house as you, a mask IS NOT needed.
- If you’re working on your farm alongside people who do not live in the same house as you, a mask IS REQUIRED.
More: Click here for the COVID-19 Fact Sheet for employers