One of APAL’s role is to understand the needs of Australian apple and pear growers and advocate for their interests at the local, state and federal levels of government. Our advocacy work includes:
- Preparing government submissions on issues that may affect the apple and pear industry.
- Maintaining and developing productive relationships with key politicians.
- Providing an independent assessment of the expenditure of the apple and pear R&D and marketing levy managed by Hort Innovation.
- Lobbying on behalf of apple and pear growers.
- Attending meetings of government representatives and advisors.