On the back of 15% higher production, Greenstar Kanzi Australia Group (a group of growers), is promoting its 2014 season of Greenstar® and Kanzi® apples to consumers.
As a nation that crunches through 1.6 billion apples every year, local growers are expecting Aussie palates to give the two latest apples – Greenstar® and Kanzi® – a warm welcome this 2014 season. This year will see the largest crop yet for both apples, up approximately 15% from last year. And, following a hugely successful Kanzi® season in Europe, the Greenstar Kanzi Australia Group is expecting the apples top fly off the shelf.
Des Muir, head of the Greenstar Kanzi Australia Group says,”We already know that Australian love these apples – with Kanzi® only lasting just six weeks in store last year and Greenstar® not too much longer. Our core focus is to plant more trees to keep up with demand.”
The apples will be supported by a PR launch, a social media campaign, national program of in-store sampling and signage and promotional materials.
- Are naturally bred and taste sweet, despite being green.
- Have up to three times more vitamin C than other apples, which keeps them from browning when cut without the use of lemon juice, additives or preservatives and means they are ideal as a garnish and for cheeseplatters.
- Are so juicy they’ve been dubbed the ultimate thirst quencher worldwide.
- Have a crisp crunch and an intense flavour that is the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- Are a bright, shiny red colour.
- Are tipped to be a popular apple, with an expected 250,000 trees to have been planted in Australia by 2018.
There are 45 Australian growers of Kanzi® and Greenstar® apples, all based in premium growing districts. Both apples will be available in all good independent retailers and a selection of Woolworths and Costco stores from April until stocks run out.