Creating a better future for Australian apple and pear growers,
through industry leadership and commercial advancement.
Procurement and Supply Chain
Growers with a firm grasp of leading-edge procurement and supply chain practices can leverage significant savings in costs and time.
Supply chain optimisation means thinking beyond the farm gate because growers are ultimately assessed on what the end-customer is willing to pay.
Growers therefore need to assist other parties by sharing information that will optimise scheduling and maintain fruit quality all along the supply chain. This may involve:
- Providing crop forecasting to packing houses to assist with labour scheduling
- Using crop forecasting to order the right number of boxes
- Helping purchasers (such as supermarkets) plan for customer demand
- Reviewing transit arrangements to ensure your product reaches the end-customer in an optimal state
- Using sophisticated tracking (IoT devices) to identify the good and bad players in your supply chain
- Providing end-customers with data about the provenance of the product.
Western Australia Apple Variety & Innovation Conference
Join Pomewest, Fruit West Cooperative, WA Farm Direct and the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD)…
Asia Fruit Logistica
Asia’s premier fresh fruit and vegetable trade show returns to AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong in 2023. The event…