Maureen Rae from Labour Solutions Australia Recruitment explains how they can help fruit growers recruit staff and manage their human resources better with a bit of professional help.
Last year, Labour Solutions Australia (LSA) Recruitment attended the APAL Conference on the Gold Coast where we had the opportunity to meet, talk and listen to a number of APAL members. It was a great opportunity to hear first-hand the challenges of your industry in relation to labour resources such as sourcing and retaining suitable labour resources, controlling increasing labour costs as well as negotiating the many and ever changing legislative requirements associated with being an employer. No matter the size of your organisation there are so many challenges in this key area each and every day.
So let’s get straight into it. Your people are the heart of your business – right? They represent your values, deliver your message and influence your productivity. So it stands to reason that finding candidates who have the power to positively impact your business is one of the most challenging and important tasks you undertake.
LSA Recruitment offers a national network of owner recruiters with the experience and talent to assist you finding the best people to employ for your business.
LSA Recruitment offers:
- temporary recruitment and workforce management solutions
- permanent recruitment assistance
- payroll solutions
- generalist Human Resources support
- workplace health and safety solutions and support
LSA Recruitment Agribusiness
LSA Recruitment Agribusiness understands agribusiness recruitment. We come from the land, have extensive agribusiness recruitment experience and, most importantly, appreciate the current and future challenges facing the agriculture industry.
With LSA Recruitment Agribusiness, both employers and job seekers alike can benefit from our expansive network that we have developed over many years. And, with Australia’s agriculture sector estimating a current shortage of approximately 100,000 workers (Australian Farm Institute, June 2010), having a network like this and the ability to interpret individual and strategic workforce requirements can assist employers reduce labour costs to maintain a competitive advantage.
Here is more on the four key services that the LSA Recruitment Agribusiness team can provide:
Temporary recruitment services
- Agribusiness industry specific agreements which when applied to your work force will provide more flexible working conditions – thus creating the potential to reduce overtime and weekend labour costs.
- Short and long term agribusiness recruitment solutions.
- Workforce mobility – managing rosters, work schedules, travel and accommodation as well as ensuring that critical skills and labour are on location when required.
- Pastoral Care Support – management of housing, accommodation and travel either independently or via joint ventures.
- Visa coordination – to ensure all employees are legally entitled to work within Australia.
- Payroll outsourcing – complete management and administration of all payroll related tasks including superannuation contributions, workers compensation, group certificates, pay advice, PAYG deductions, payroll tax etc.
- Onsite workforce management – including rostering, induction, safety and logistics.
- Safety systems and processes which actively promote safe work environments.
Permanent recruitment services
- 100% commitment to long term relationships with our clients, focusing on the placement of candidates for the future success of your businesses.
- Consultation with our clients as closely as possible to ensure maximum synergy between the existing team and future recruitment programs.
- Our informed, highly confidential, accountable and professional approach ensures that we are able to refer the most appropriate candidates’ at the most appropriate level and salary, which can only benefit clients and candidates alike.
- Strategically positioned to be able to provide a local, traditional service delivery on a national platform.
- Candidate strategy – one of honesty and integrity.
- All applicants will be treated fairly and will be provided with all available career opportunities available to them in regards to their skill level and expertise in their chosen field.
- Candidate pool – a large pool of both active and passive candidates in the agribusiness industry.
- Our goal is to ensure that our candidates find the best opportunities in the agribusiness industry and help our clients to find the best qualified and most suitable employees in the industry.
We hope that this information provides you with some ideas and options worthy of further consideration. With a focus on improving our valued clients’ efficiencies through providing innovative, reliable, integrated and efficient labour supply solutions we look forward to hearing from you and being able to assist you with your future labour resourcing needs.