Grower R&D Update
Connect with 80+ growers, agronomists and scientists to explore the latest research findings from the world of pome fruit.
Refreshed as a standalone event in 2019, the programme is dedicated to share the latest research projects, focusing on orchard management techniques to lift production and improve fruit quality.
On day two, we are teaming up with Future Business to hold their first workshop “Powerful changes secure cost savings”.
High-calibre agenda: World-renowned researchers and fellow growers will challenge your thinking on your orchard management techniques.
Unparalleled networking: Held at the iconic MCG, connect with growers and researchers throughout the day and enjoy a behind the scenes tour, finishing up with a drink at the Stumps Bar.
News you can use: Our packed agenda will provide you with the R&D insights and first-hand perspectives to drive change in your orchard.
- Transforming your orchard irrigation with sensors and monitoring
- How soil characteristics can improve water and nutrient use efficiency
- Water efficiency and techniques for a sustainable future
- Securing pollination through revegetation
- Biodiversity of pollinators in Apple orchards
- Pollination in protected cropping – learnings from NZ
- What you can do now to improve pollination and what you need to start thinking about to safeguard your business into the future
- Tatura Smart Farm – introduction to the Sundial experimental orchard
- Precision automation, the new frontier for crop loading
- Making sense of AI, machine learning, and data science
- The pros and cons of protective netting
- Combating codling moth with the mastrus wasp
- Real-time monitoring for the presence and location of fruit fly
- Cold chain disinfestation and quality management for market access
- Preparing for Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
Future Business Workshop: Powerful changes secure cost savings
Continue your learning at the half-day Future Business workshop. In our changing climate, what does sustainability mean for Australian apple and pear businesses and why has it become a mainstream concern? Attend this workshop if you’re interested in understanding how to take control of your business’ energy usage and costs while optimising the systems you’re currently using.
Find out more here.
Special offer: stay on for the Future Business workshop, book yourself a combined ticket for an additional $30.00.