2021 Spring Future Orchards – Tackling Blackspot
In this free webinar, Marcel Veens (Horticultural Advisor) and David Finger (Apple Orchardist, Vernview, Yarra Valley) will prepare growers for the wet spring ahead by arming then with the latest insights and best practice for preventing and managing blackspot/apple scab in apple and pear orchards.
The presentations will be followed by a Q&A.
Date: Wednesday, 15 September 2021
Time: 3-4pm (AEST)
- Factors contributing to blackspot outbreaks apples and pears
- Differences in behaviour and management of blackspot in pears and apples
- What you can do to reduce the risk of outbreaks
- How modelling and forecasting can help in managing outbreaks of both diseases
- When to apply management options, with case study examples from current season