2021 Post-harvest Seminar & Virtual Orchard Tour
Conferences & Tradeshows
With the latest COVID–19 and border restrictions continuing to create uncertainty, APAL’s Post-harvest Seminar will be delivered entirely online to maximise opportunities for all apple and pear growers across Australia. The event will now be FREE and streamed live via Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Join us online as we explore the critical role of post-harvest tech and data in meeting consumer trends and capturing new, profitable opportunities for apple and pear producers.
What you can expect
- A 2 hour online program – with informative speaker sessions.
- An exclusive virtual tour of Montague’s new retail space “The Orchard” and state-of-the-art production facilities.
- A great line up of Australian and international speakers.
- Plenty of opportunities to have all your questions answered.
Seminar session program
By attending our informative program you will:
- Understand how data-driven precision will help you to extract the highest potential value for each variety of apples and pears you grow.
- Explore what a smart pack house looks like, and how packing and grading machine technology applies to varying size operations.
- Delve into what is driving change and what it means for your post-harvest operations.
- 1.00pm – Welcome
- 1.05pm – Virtual post-harvest tour with Q&A
- 1.30pm – Speaker and panel sessions
- 3.00pm – Event concludes
Who should attend
The program will be relevant to apple and pear growers, pack house and cool store operators and managers, retailers, marketers, and industry consultants and suppliers.
This event will now be complimentary for all industry attendees.