Orchard management for improving production and quality pears
Your complimentary annual Future Orchards® Pear Masterclass will take place in the Goulburn Valley on the 20 August. We invite you to attend as we discuss orchard practices and crop regulation to increase production and improve pear quality.
This complimentary masterclass will be run over half a day activity commencing with presentations followed by orchard walks at two sites.
- Profitable Pears – maximising productivity and quality of new pear varieties
- Effects of rootstock, tree density and training system on crop load
- Chemical thinning of pears
- Integrated pest and disease management update
- Control steps and practices to manage fruit
You will hear experts in their field:
- Dr Ian Goodwin, Agriculture Victoria
- Dr Lexie McClymont, Agriculture Victoria
- Dr Sally Bound, Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture
- Russell Fox, IK Caldwell
- Marcel Veens
Future Orchards® Pear Masterclass is an APAL project funded by Hort Innovation using the apple and pear levy with matched funds from the Australian Government.
Proudly supported by