In this update we focus on the Aussie Apples sponsorship of Netball Australia as the national team gets their crunch on with apples at their recent training camp and the launch of the new Aussie Apples website.
There will also be a snapshot of the media results from the most recent bursts of advertising and a check-in on the Royal Adelaide Show and Brisbane’s Ekka.
Sponsorship of Netball Australia is part of our ongoing strategy to promote ‘mindful, everyday snacking’ of apples as part of a healthy diet among younger people. It is also a key way to build awareness of, and increase exposure to, the Aussie Apples brand with netball being the top team sport that women and girls play in Australia.
As part of our sponsorship package, Caitlin Thwaites and Paige Hadley (members of the Australian Diamonds – Australia’s national team) have become ambassadors for Aussie Apples. At a recent training camp in Canberra they were photographed enjoying apples with the rest of the team.
New look website
If you haven’t seen the new-look Aussie Apples website head on over to www.aussieapples.com.au to check it out.
Launched in August, the site features the ‘Get Your Crunch On’ video and showcases many more apple varieties and brands than before to promote the array of apples available to consumers. All the old favourites are there including Gala, Granny Smith and Pink Lady® plus club apples previously not featured including Smitten®, Modi™, Eve™, Rockit®, Envy™, Bravo™, Jazz ™ and Kanzi™.
A whole new recipe section with recipes commissioned just for the site showcases how apples can be used for breakfast, lunch and dinner and of course in desserts and snacking. From Apple and roasted parsnip soup to keep you warm through to the fresh and health Triple apple Thai salad and the indulgent Apple cookie snacks with nutella crunch, there’s a recipe for every occasion and every taste.
All the latest research on apples and how they can contribute to a healthy diet and their health benefits is also covered, plus there’s a news and events section where you can stay updated with Aussie Apples consumer updates.
What else is going on?
– TV ads have achieved our aim of 40 per cent reach into our target audience with a bonus spot running to October.
– Cinema advertising very engaging with audience reach of 107 per cent of our target.
– Online digital advertising is continuing across an array of news and other web sites.
– More video content rolled out across Facebook with lots of sharing occurring.
– State agricultural shows featured apples and pears in Brisbane and Adelaide.
– Public relations activities have generated a huge reach with more than five million people seeing Aussie Apples in the media.
– New direction with more video creates fresh and fun content on the Facebook generating very high engagement.
– Public relations activities have generated a huge reach with over nine million people seeing pears in the media.
These industry marketing initiatives are managed by Hort Innovation and are funded by the apple and pear marketing levy. This content has been prepared by the Hort Innovation apple and pear team, with growers welcome to contact Relationship Manager Mark Spees (email@example.com, 0439 574 173) with any questions relating to the program or levy-funded R&D.