Exporter – Jeftomson

Geoffrey Thompson Fruit Packing Company Pty Ltd was founded in 1949 by Mr Geoffrey Thompson Senior, and four other fruit-growing families in Shepparton, the largest apple and pear growing district in Australia.

The business began supplying apples and pears to the United Kingdom and Europe, and the progressed to supplying South East Asia under the Jeftomson brand, which is recognised worldwide as a supplier of quality Australian apples and pears.

The company is a vertically integrated horticultural business, having full control of the product from growing, storing, packing and transport, through to sales and marketing. It has the largest apple and pear packing business in Australia.

In excess of 35,000 tonnes of fruit was processed by Jeftomson in 2013, which is forecast to increase to more than 40,000 tonnes by 2019. They are the largest Australian pear supplier to New Zealand.

Fruit is primarily sourced from the growing districts of Shepparton, Harcourt and Cobram in Victoria, with key packing partners in other main districts.  The company’s own orchards supply 90 per cent of the current fruit intake for the pack house. Trading relationships with over 50 external growers supplying the remaining 10 per cent.

Available for export

Apples:

  • Fuji
  • Granny Smith
  • Joya®
  • Pink Lady®
  • Royal Gala

Pears:

  • Corella
  • Packham

Contact

Tim Nethersole
Export Manager
+61 3 5823 8284
+61 418 575 919
tnethersole@jeftomson.com

Find other exporters