APAL encourages new members to join us to be part of an organisation committed to helping Australian apple and pear growers. Membership of APAL is open to levy-paying producers of apples and / or pears (Class A members) and organisations representing apple and pear growers in each state (Class B Members). If you are not eligible to become a member of APAL then consider subscribing to our e-news services to keep up with industry news and activities.
Membership is free and as a member you can:
- receive free hard copies (maximum of five per member) of Australian Fruitgrower magazine every month;
- vote to select the APAL Director to represent your state on the APAL Board;
- nominate as a candidate to serve as the APAL Director representing your state on the APAL Board;
- vote in any election conducted to select the Director representing the national pear industry on the APAL Board (only levy payers that are pear growers or apple and pear growers);
- nominate as a candidate to serve as the Director representing the national pear industry on the Board of APAL (only levy payers that are pear growers or apple and pear growers);
- propose resolutions on specific matters, in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001, to be put before the APAL Annual General Meeting;
- attend and vote at any General Meeting of Members, including the Annual General Meeting of APAL; and
- subscribe to the full suite of APAL e-news services.
For more information, or to check to see if you are a member, contact APAL Engagement Officer, Alison Barber at email@example.com or 03 9329 3511.